|The rotating horse is always fun, even when you rotate it.|
|Kernel||X11 Driver||Resolution||es2gears||glmark2-es2||glmark2-es2 --fullscreen||glxgears|
|3.0.79||ARM mali (31 may)|
|3.8.13||ARM mali (31 may)|
Update 8 June 2013: see 2nd round of tests
The compiled sunxi driver and glmark2-es2 are included in version 0.0.7 of the odroid-wheezy-retro SD image.
RetroArchWith both kernels and with both X11 drivers RetroArch performs well in windowed mode (50FPS with rare frame drops with the 3.8 kernel).
- there is currently a performance issue on kernel 3.8, our beloved mdrjr is working on it
- glxgears is always software-rendered (see HardwareAcceleration), it's included only for reference
- 1080p resolution is slow with all configurations, thus I have not targeted it for testing
- the new Mali drivers (r3p2 released on 31st May) are the same as previous
- xf86-video-sunxi starts to perform better on kernel 3.8, probably because of the NEON bug that affects 3.0