One important achievement is that DRI2_PAGE_FLIP is confirmed to not be negative (at least on 3.0 kernels), but instead gives a positive performance improvement, so please enable it in your xorg.conf configurations.
This is my current wishlist, in priority from most important to lowest:
- good GPU performance on 3.8 kernel, there has been some progress on this front recently but we are not yet there, 3.0 gives best performance so far Update 1 September 2013: there has been some progress :)
- G2D support on 3.8 kernel, a support comparable to 3.0 kernel
- G2D example usage, see also my hello-g2d-odroid and this forum thread
- G2D-accelerated X11 driver, this could definitively possible once we have a working example
- MFC-accelerated video decoding, there has recently been some progress on this
VSYNC on 3.0 kernel, basically this patch needs to be back-ported so that VSYNC ioctl calls actually do wait for VSYNC - done! Thanks to mdrjr for the patch; it is however verified that VSYNC is not working because of a hardware issue with the HDMI PHY :(
G2D acceleration is important to achieve because it would help at scaling anything using the hardware acceleration SoC.